Monday 24 February 2014

African Selection





In mid 2013, a lovely customer got in touch with me to say that he had a vintage African Wax Cotton fabric that had been long needing a new life. I was commissioned to make it into a bow tie and I have forever since been lusting after the beautiful and original prints. 
It is almost impossible to find African fabric in Edinburgh, but thankfully my brother found me some seriously bold and enviable prints in London. 
I will be adding more pieces over the coming weeks but I thought I would ease the injection of colour in slowly with some cushions and bow ties. It is definitely a step out of my pale pastel comfort zone, but what better way to step into Spring than with a serious dose of COLOUR. You can also now find our accessories listed on Etsy, we want to meet more indie lovers and creators so come and say hi! 
You can see the new items now live in the online shop X marks the spot. 
Thanks to my most stylish Tweeter BonGarcon for sending me the original Wax Cotton and inspiring this selection.





No comments:

Post a Comment